- Applied mathematics: I am interested in any mathematical technique that I can apply to solve practical problems and any practical problem that I can solve mathematically.
- Solid mechanics: non-linear elasticity and the mechanics of slender bodies in particular. Applications to biology.
- Analytical methods to determine the stability of mechanical equilibria.
- Path integrals for looping probabilities of DNA.
- Dynamic of magnetic micro-swimmers in Stokes flows.
- Fluid dynamics and magnetohydrodynamics.
- Helical flows and chiral structures.
List of Publications
- Design and stability of a family of deployable structures, T. Lessinnes and A. Goriely, arXiv:1538755, (2016).
- Morphomechanical innovation drives explosive seed dispersal, H. Hofhuis, D. Moulton, T. Lessinnes, A.-L. Routier-Kierzkowska, R. J. Bomphrey, G. Mosca, H. Reinhardt, P. Sarchet, X. Gan, M. Tsiantis, Y. Ventikos, S. Walker, A. Goriely, R. Smith, A. Hay, Cell, 166, 1--12 (2016).
- Geometric conditions for the positive definiteness of the second variation in one-dimensional problems, T. Lessinnes and A. Goriely, arXiv:1604.02558, (2016).
- The Elastic Secrets of the Chameleon Tongue, D. E. Moulton, T. Lessinnes, Stephen O'Keefe, Luis Dorfmann, and A. Goriely, Proc. Roy. Soc. A , 472: 20160030, (2016).
See also the press release on BBC.
- Morphoelastic rods: Part II: Growing birods, T. Lessinnes, D. E. Moulton, and A. Goriely, JMPS , Accepted Manuscipt, (2015).
- A short introduction to morphoelasticity: the mechanics of growing elastic tissues, A. Erlich, T. Lessinnes, D. E. Moulton, A. Goriely, Extremely Deformable Structures, Vol. 256, series CISM Int. Cent. Mech. Sciences, pp269-297, (2015).
- Morphoelastic rods. Part I: A single growing elastic rod, T. Lessinnes, D. E. Moulton, and A. Goriely, JMPS , Vol. 61, 2:398--427, (2013).
- A biomechanical model of anther opening reveals the roles of dehydration and secondary thickening, M. R. Nelson, L. R. Band, R. J. Dyson, T. Lessinnes, D. M. Wells, C. Yang, N. M. Everitt, O. E. Jensen, Z. A. Wilson, New Physiologist, Vol. 196, 4:1030-1037, (2012).
- Dissipation scales of kinetic helicities in turbulence, T. Lessinnes, F. Plunian, R. Stepanov, and D.Carati, Phys. Fluids, Vol. 23, 035108 (2011).
- Helicity scalings, F. Plunian, T. Lessinnes, D. Carati, and R. Stepanov, JoP Conf. Series, Vol. 318, 042013 (2011).
- Magnetohydrodynamic turbulence modelling: application to the dynamo effect, T. Lessinnes PhD thesis, (2010).
- Helical shell models for MHD, T. Lessinnes, F. Plunian, and D.Carati, Theor. Comput. Fluid Dyn., 23:439–450, (2009).
- Helical shell models for MHD turbulence, T. Lessinnes and D.Carati, Magnetohydrodynamics, Vol. 45, 2:193–202, (2009).
- Energy transfers in shell models for magnetohydrodynamics turbulence, T. Lessinnes, D.Carati, and M. K. Verma Phys. Rev. E, Vol. 79, 066307 (2009).
- Dynamo transition in low-dimensional models, M. K. Verma, T. Lessinnes, D. Carati, I. Sarris, K. Kumar, and M. Singh, Phys. Rev. E, Vol. 18, 036409 (2008).